You may still be soaking up the summer sun, but now is the time to think ahead to the holidays and plan your physician scheduling and coverage to get you through the season from Thanksgiving to the New Year.
Start by confirming your staff physicians' schedules throughout the holidays, so that you know where you will need coverage, which specialties, and which shifts will need covering.
Planning ahead is paramount to ensuring a smooth holiday season that is well-covered. The farther ahead you are able to schedule and book holiday coverage, the more obstacles and challenges you can avoid for your staff and patients.
1. Believe it or not, Thanksgiving is right around the corner! (+/-100 days away, as of August) Winter holidays and the New Year immediately follow...
2. Holidays are among the busiest days of the year for hospitals and physicians. Scheduling now for the holidays is as like getting all of your holiday shopping done in August!
3. Holiday season = FLU season. The holiday months coincide with flu season which always demands the most of clinicians.
4. Scheduling holiday shifts in advance enables you to secure the physicians you need in plenty of time for the holidays, with less stress!
5. Booking ahead allows adequate time for recruiting and credentialing.
6. Hospitals and health systems can save thousands of dollars by booking in advance, avoiding premium last-minute or emergency pay rates.
7. BONUS: You can actually help save lives and fight hunger by booking holiday coverage sooner rather than later. When you schedule your holiday coverage by October 1, 2019, Moonlighting Solutions will donate $300 to Action Against Hunger, a top-rated charity committed to saving lives and treating under-nutrition, particularly during and after disasters and conflicts.
Here's your chance to grow your income while working at an award-winning hospital. Our client seeks a board-certified or board-eligible physician to provide quality patient care to neurological patients. This facility has been awarded for its excellent patient care, reducing medical complications, and for being a pillar in the outreach community in Charlotte. Enjoy your time off by visiting the local museums or the famous NASCAR Hall of Fame. Apply today or refer a friend!
Contact us if you would like to learn more about this opportunity or refer a friend. We will assist you with hassle-free credentialing to help get you started on your way to realizing all the benefits to working as a physician moonlighter!
This non-profit healthcare organization recently celebrated their 70th anniversary of providing mental health services in the Mid-atlantic region.
They provide a continuum of mental health services including a variety of services for all age groups, allowing for an individualized program of treatment. They seek a caring and compassionate psychiatrist to join their team for weekend shifts.
This community offers a rich history with a wide variety of unique dining, cultural, artistic, and historical sites to enjoy, including museums, parks, an historic farmer's market, and more.
Not interested in this opportunity? We represent many other opportunities in psychiatry and are adding new opportunities each day. Feel free to contact us to learn more about other opportunities. Also, have you heard about our physician moonlighter referral program? If you refer a friend, you could earn $300-800 after they work their first shift, depending upon the specialty and opportunity!
The holidays can be a tough and stressful time of year for healthcare administrators and clinicians. Patient volumes still demand coverage, while staff physicians often want to take time off to enjoy the holidays with their families. This creates additional challenges in scheduling adequate physician coverage, causing lots of headaches for administrators and clinicians too.
Below are a few tips compiled from the leadership team at Moonlighting Solutions and other healthcare leaders for surviving the hectic holiday season and ensuring your patients are covered across all service lines.
Don't wait until the holidays are upon you to begin planning your holiday coverage schedule. The time to start thinking about holiday coverage is in late Summer and early Autumn, ideally. By planning ahead, you can avoid many obstacles and often save money by scheduling well in advance of the holidays.
To discuss your holiday coverage needs, contact your account manager today! If you are new to Moonlighting Solutions, or you are not sure who your account manager is, contact us or inquire online to talk to someone about how we can assist with your holiday call coverage needs. Plus, if you book your holiday coverage before October 1, 2019, we will donate $300 to Action Against Hunger (after the initial shift is worked).